Saturday, October 23, 2021

10/23/2021 (part 2) Saturday Lesley's Ka'ena Update

 Yesterday after monitoring this side of the park I hiked Keawa'ula side. It was a 9 Seal day.

The morning started with R330 Squinty who overnighted near his favorite fire pit and spent the day in the area. He finally started his molt.
KG54 Huaka'i was sleeping peacefully when RW02 PVKauai hauled out beside her. They settled down and went into snooze mode.
Next our Molokai girl RJ40 'E'ena is back and was in RO40 Ka'ena's company.
A tip from some visitors sparked my curiosity and I headed to Keawa'ula. Where I found RL74 Kami on some reefs, RG28 Lefty looking very handsome in his new coat. The white NB tip on his LFF reminded me on the first time I saw him in Kauai as young weaner on one of those fun outings with Sealette Kauai / Val. Next, I found RM31 Kai, sure looks like he may be starting his first catastrophic molt.
Hours later, my way back I check them all and they were all in the same locations. R407 Kawika had joined Huaka'i and PVKauai.

Today I spent the day in town on my way back I checked the beaches and documented 4 seals
R330 Squinty on day 2 of his molt aprox 10%. 
KG54 Huaka'i and R407 Kawika were in the same spot as yesterday
RN58 Luana had a strip for herself      More soon 🌺

No comments: