Tuesday, October 12, 2021

10/12/2021 Tuesday (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

It was an overcast windy morning and very pleasant to be in the park.
On my first early morning beach check I found an overnighted R330 Squinty. I was downwind from him - I can tell you the guy is ripe and ready to molt.
Later we headed to the point. RW02 PVKauai was doing the seal-rock in the middle of a tide pool being washed from side to side by the ingoing swell.
After finishing our meeting, I went back to check on Squinty. Found RN58 Luana near him and further down the beach MY big surprise: RM31 Kai. Looks like he showed up to have his first molt.
In the late afternoon I went out to run an errand, by habit I had my camera.15 minutes later coming back I stopped to scan the beaches with my camera. Spotted a seal, so I went to check it out. Another pleasant surprise, after a week MIA, KG54 Huaka'i is back. Seems the girl has put on some weight. Watched the sunset from there, well not quite THE SUN SET because it's already past the point.
More soon - Be Safe ๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿ˜ท

No comments: