Wednesday, October 6, 2021

10/06/2021 Wednesday (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Wednesday are very early start days. Today it was still dark outside when I went out.
I checked some beaches, R330 Squinty overnighted again - pre molting behavior. He was no longer there in the afternoon.
On my second outing I went to check on KG54 Huaka'i  she was sleeping near the waterline. Didn't see any trails or wallows so no overnight there. She also had left when i went by in the afternoon.
R407 Kawika and RL98 Lina overnighted on the same beach on opposite sides. They were still there in the afternoon but had moved up.
RG28 Lefty is molting away on his new haul out spot. His molt is 30/40%
The surprise of the day was as I was following a trail from behind some rocks down to the water, I sighted RP30 Puka !!! It has been a couple of weeks; I was so pleased to see him. He's looking great, healthy and knows his way to & fro from the West side and back.
RO40 Ka'ena was swimming around till he found a reef to haul out and rest. He's green as a Kermit
RW02 PVKauai also did several swimby's till he hauled out to rest.
The Shearwater chicks are getting big and we got to see several peeping out of their burrows this morning.
More soon - Be Safe ๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿ˜ท

No comments: