Tuesday, October 5, 2021

10/05/2021 (part 2) Tuesday Lesley's Ka'ena Update

 It was a 7-seal day around here without counting the ones delt by phone, always interesting and challenging to do by phone IDs. And may I add a successful one - Thank You team

Day started with R330 Squinty who overnighted and left mid-morning.
Last night at sunset I checked on RG28 Lefty he had made his way all the way up the beach to be safe and dry from the night high tide. This morning I saw his trail to the water at wee hours. I found him a couple of hours later stretched out on a beach sleeping away. His molt is near the 20%
Next I spotted RL98 Lina in a small beach cove access - she had been on this side yesterday also in a small cove.
RL74 Kami was out on some far-out reefs sleeping in a seal comfortable position
RO40 Ka'ena was sleeping on flat lava reefs
RW02 PVKauai was sleeping on his favorite reef island.
Late in the afternoon I went out for a last check and found KG54 Huaka'i tucked up bellow a sand dune
Team T&D Shearwater chick is growing so fast he might fledge before our Official Shearwater Count or Banding  More soon - Be Safe 🌺😷

No comments: