Thursday, June 4, 2020

06/04/2020 Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Just had a 5 seals morning on my door step !

Started with RE74 Benny @ Camp Erdman Pt. 
Coming back from the entrance of the park Dillingham Airfield I saw a familiar shape down at Camp Erdman Main Beach. Took a pic from far documenting a selfie been taking from a very safe distance. Kuddos to the Mama. I headed over to ID the seal and found R330 Squinty.
Did another check on Benny, from there I saw a shape hauled out at Lyman's. Yup our door step but hadn't seen them ((that's correct THEM) because they overnighted in the Naupaka. The seals were RK36 Kauai Kolohe and RN58 Luana. I had time to take 2 good shots before they entered the water.
I went down a little further to check on PO4 Kai D43 - he was having a swimming session. I let Kelcie the volunteer on duty know that Luana & KKolohe had entered the water and could do a swim by at any minute.  More tomorrow ๐ŸŒบ

No comments: