Friday, June 12, 2020

06/12/2020 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

When I went down this morning my first finding was an overnighted RK36 Kauai Kolohe here in front.
Next was PO4 Kai D51 playing on the outside of "Luana's Tide Pool"
RG28 Lefty was hauled @ Birth Beach /Tables

At Hidden Beach I came up on an overnighted RN04 Kainoa his trail could be followed all the way up to a nook in the rocks where a wallow could still be seen. Hours later on my way back he was still there but now with a beach full of visitors.

At the point RL74 Kami was hauled out on some flat reefs. A big seal swam near to where she was but never saw her (but may have smelt her) . The seal was RO40 Ka'ena.

On my way back I came upon 2 freshly hauled out seals at 10 Minutes Beach: RK40 Napua and R330 Squinty.
From there I saw a very small seal @ 5Minutes Beach: it was little RL98 Lina looking a little skinny (due to her position) and green.

I was talking to some fishermen when I saw a volunteer coming our way I said Hi and told her who the 3 seals were. She was looking for PO4 Kai who she hadn't seen today. I told her where I had seen him, she decided to go back and I told I'd catch up with her. When I got to the site I took her down to where I had seen him. There he was playing with treasures in the tide pool.
Kauai Kolohe had left, but I pointed out to her where he had been.
At BB/Tables RG28 Lefty was freshly hauled out (again)

The Albatross chicks are so big already. The bottom part of their bodies already have the black and white plumage but the top part are still fluffy.   More tomorrow ðŸŒº
 

No comments: