Wednesday, June 3, 2020

06/03/2020 Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Yesterday I checked on PO4 Kai D41. In the early morning he was swimming near the little cove then hauled out mid beach. After our meeting Marthe, Kekai and I stopped by to see him just as he was rolling into the water 

This morning first stop was to check on PO4 Kai D42 - it's his third day weaned and he's doing fine. Foraging in small sand bottom, playing with treasures by tossing them around then diving after them.

At the point my first find was RW02 PVKauai in BG's Pool. The tide was high and the swell from the West side was coming in the pool in sets. He got startled and swam away.
Next I found RL74 Kami at what we are now calling Kami's Reef. She's getting greener every day. The new wound on her neck was barely visible.

From the cliff I saw a seal enter Ka'ena's Pool. It was RW02 PVKauai he first rested near some rocks and as the sets rolled in the pool he swm to the little beach and hauled out there.

On my way back I spotted a big green seal hauled out at 10Mnts Beach. It took him a while to move and show his tag G29 - It was RG28 Lefty. Due to his position I couldn't see his markings so seeing the tag was a relief. HE has a very oriental face now with his green eye liner.
Did a last check on PO4 Kai before wrapping up the day. I wasn't able to go down at the sunset.  More tomorrow🌺

No comments: