Saturday, June 13, 2020

06/13/2020 (part 2) Saturday Lesley's Ka'ena Update

This is going to be a very brief report - it was an extremely busy day here and even to take a few seconds to take photos was hard - my apologies for the quality

PO4 Kai D52 was MIA for a while then on a better look there he was in Luana's tide pool. On my early afternoon check he was still there surrounded by people on the Big Rock.
RL98 Lina hauled out in the early hours right at our door step and spent most of the day there
RN04 Kainoa was also in the neighborhood - I was told that around 4pm another seal swam by, he entered the water, they played and swam away.
RG28 Lefty was at BB / Tables were he spent most of the day.

At the point RL74 Kami was sleeping bellie up on some black reefs. She looked like a flashlight. While I was there I didn't see anybody try to go near her.
A big seal did a swim by in the outer pool of main beach, I managed to get several hikers out of the pool - all of them walking slowly to avoid skidding. I was happy to see how they followed my directions. Once again I heard "you should go to Vegas !" My nswer "No I do not have a cristal ball, if not I probably would. I took my leave and followed the seal.
It was RO40 Ka'ena he swam in then went into Hippo mode. His wound looks well healed.   More soon🌺
 

No comments: