Tuesday, June 9, 2020

06/09/2020 Tuesday Lesley's Ka'ena Update

It was a long a very eventful day around here.
In the Monk Seal world I started by checking on PO4 Kai D48. He was playing in the weaner cove when I checked at sunset he was hauled out among some rocks. The kind you can only find if you know what you're looking for.
At the point  RL74 Kami was on some reefs way far out due to the very low tide. I was lucky to see her and take a photo from up high
On my way bay I found RN04 Kainoa at 10 Minutes Beaches. While I was documenting him a lady came by and told me there was a seal further up towards the point. I went to check and found RK40 Napua on a mini rock beach. She was washed by a set and went out to find another place to haul out.
At sunset I saw a seal hauled out at Lyman's, it was RE74 Benny.

This morning when I headed down to the beach at first light I found 3 different seal trails - I gets ones mind spinning as "who where they?" "how many were they?" ...

Yesterday Kimo and I went for a mid morning snorkeling for lead & hooks. We went with the current and came out at little before the end of Lyman's Beach.. Looked to the side and there was RK40 Napua.   More tomorrow ðŸŒº
 

No comments: