Saturday, June 22, 2019

June 22, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

This morning I met Marilyn in front of our beach access. I big seal had just hauled out right in front. It took me a minute to ID him because of the ideal position of it's head in the light.. It was R330 "Squinty".
We headed along to go check RL20 "Kalua" D46 - he was in the water and all he showed us was his N17 bleach.

We went out to the point stopping here and there to talk to fishermen. There were so many we asked if there was a tournament, the answer was no.
In the NARS we spotted RW02 "PVKauai" on the outer reefs of BG's pool - on our way out he was still there.
While at the point we saw a big seal swimming away from Back Beach. I got a pic of it in a wave, tagged but not readable so we had a UU.

On our way back we Marilyn saw a seal swimming down towards Lyman's, I started to follow and get everybody out of the water all the way to Camp Erdman Point. The seal was R330 "Squinty", he was swimming along the shore line stretching his head and body out of the water looking for something or someone. He turned around and went straight back to the opposite side of the beach. When I made it back to Marilyn I was ready to call it a day.

I did an afternoon check and only saw RL20 "Kalua" D46 from far away.  More tomorrow ðŸŒº
 anyone missing their glasses? 

No comments: