Thursday, June 13, 2019

June 13, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Did dawn patrol and several checks during the day but missed the sunset with RN58 "Luana" & PO2 "Kalua" D37
"Kalua" has shed a lot on his bellie from yesterday to today. He may have a lighter patch (NB?) on his bellie.

Further down the beach I saw a big seal hauling out did a long distance galumph then finally settle among some rocks. It was R330 "Squinty" I did KPt and on my way back I checked on him again, he had entered the water and hauled out in a different spot. Probably because the tide came up.
At the point I saw RW02 "PVKauai" down at the end of the Runway
RO40 "Ka'ena" and RL12 "Aukai" were on Back Beach side by side.

I met briefly with Team Tammy & Dave on my way out and their way in. Heard they had a swimmer.

Albatross chicks were playing in the breeze. It's pure entertainment to watch them.
I also found three turtles foraging in a cove, not very common around here. Perhaps the very low tide has brought them around.
I included a photo of Ma'o bloom, also known as Hawaiian Cotton. They are in bloom everywhere.   More tomorrow 🌺


No comments: