Wednesday, June 19, 2019

June 19, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Another 2 in 1 - sorry all, it has been a little hetic around here and I had a busy day yesterday.

I did the usual dawn patrol and found PO2 "Kalua" D42 - 6 weeks. Saw him several times during the day most of the time in the water. The last check in the evening just after sunset he was sound asleep and on top of a plastic bag he had been playing with. This morning went I went to check there was barely any light yet, "Kalua" was no longer there but the plastic was in his wallow. I picked it up and took it away.
on my second check in the morning I found RK88 "Puna" hauled out further down the beach. He spent all day there and left just before sunset.

Today after checking on PO2 "Kalua" D43 night bed I started a long search for him. Finally finding him as the sun was coming up. He was cornered in some rocks with half of his body in the water laying bellie up and fore flippers open wide.
Today was a big day for him. Those humans came around and gave him is new blings. He is now officially RL20 "Kalua" tags L20/L21

Before finding him I found RN58 "Luana" down the beach. It's her first official sitting since she weaned "Kalua on D38 (today D43). She's looking well, has put on some weight but still looks a little skinny.

This all happened before 8am.... at 9am I set out to the point with a field trip. We were about to be skunked when a little before we started getting ready to leave a seal swam towards the outer pool of the Main Beach. It was RR70 "RIP" shortly after RO40 "Ka'ena"came up behind him. There was no interaction. They were there for 5/10mnts then left.  More tomorrow ðŸŒº

 

No comments: