Saturday, June 15, 2019

June 15, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update (Saturday)

On my dawn patrol I found PO2 "Kalua" D39 just making it down into his favorite tide pool.
Further down the beach R330 "Squinty" was hauled out sleeping peacefully.

On a later check before heading to the point I saw a little seal swimming while doing outreach with some fishermen.
RK88 "Puna" swam right in front of us and hauled out 50 meters from his young brother PO2 "Kalua" D39 who was playing on a coral slab.
Later in the early afternoon  I arrived to see the end of a interaction between brothers. I was called to go help an issue and when I came back an hour later both seals had left. From far I could still see R330 "Squinty" on the opposite side of the beach.

Out at the point I found the brothers RO40 "Ka'ena" and RR70 "RIP". The first was on the Runway and the second doing a swim by first at the point then as a missile straight to his younger brother. There was some vocalizing and RIP left.

I met this throw-net fisherman a little after dawn and check out how lucky he was today.  

My reports are going out early today so sunset check will not be included.  More tomorrow 🌺

Little Puna and big weaner Kalua

No comments: