Friday, June 21, 2019

June 21, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Another 2 in 1
Yesterday RL20 "Kalua" D44 was in the water before dawn and made everybody sweat to find him. He showed up late playing in his favorite tide pools.
I headed to the point and met Team T&D there. They had seen RO40 "Ka'ena" do a couple of swim bys at the point. .While I was there he did another one. He was easily ID by the transmitter on his back. But I didn't get a chance to take a photo of him bc we had to get people away from the pool.
We headed out together and stopped to check on RL20 "Kalua", still in his tide pools.
Down @ Lyman's RW02 "PVKauai" was hauled sleeping.
Intern had a missed ID on him, she thought it was R330 "Squinty" but the W04 tag corrected that.

This morning for the first time in 45 days I DIDN'T do dawn patrol. Instead Kimo & I went snorkeling down at the Bite. We brought out 20 lbs of lead (weighed after cleaning off lines, swivels and hooks).
We came home & I spotted and IDed RK40 "Napua" & R330 "Squinty" in front of Lyman's.
I then went and check for RL20 "Kalua" D45 who was hauled out on the beach (seen from far with camera zoom) and as I got there he was already playing in his pools.
This afternoon I got a call reporting RO40 "Ka'ena" near the entrance of KPt. I went down to check on him. Came back and took a photo from our beach access looking towards Army Beach and could see him clearly !!
RK40 "Napua" was still here but R330 "Squinty" had left

RL20 "Kalua" D45  was hauled out among some rocks.  More tomorrow 🌺

No comments: