Tuesday, June 25, 2019

June 25, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Après la pluie, le beau temps... actually we had a muggy overcast day.

Out here we didn't get the rain but we did hear the thunder ans saw the lightnings.
This morning I checked on RL20 "Kalua" D49 before heading out to the point with Kylie - one of the interns. He was foraging in shallow water and we got to see his bleach and a lot of rear flippers action.

On our way I was looking at some of the signs that had been moved around and stopped to replace them. Then I remembered to look back into a little cove, and there freshly hauled out was RK88 "Puna" - he was still there on our way back out.

At the point RO40 "Ka'ena" was hauled out at the end of the Runway just as we had seen him yesterday.
At Back Beach we saw a fresh wallow and trail but no seal.
I showed Kylie around and we stopped a couple of times to see the Albatross chicks. The Maiapilo was in bloom and she got to smell the perfume.
On our way out they had already wilted

Back on this side RK40 "Napua" was just hauling out - on my afternoon check she was still there.

RL20 "Kalua" was hauled out on the beach sleeping, got startled by a wave and entered the water.   More tomorrow🌺

 IS it me or does this look like a guilty face... Who me? I didn't do it.

No comments: