Monday, June 17, 2019

June 17, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Skipped dawn patrol today but did do an early check on PO2 "Kalua" D41. He was in the water foraging or playing with treasures. On a later check he was hauled out sleeping. Further down the beach I spotted a small seal so I went down and IDed RK40 "Napua".

Tracy came out with Jen - the new intern. While we were documenting RK40 "Napua" a young fellow walked down the beach. As I did some outreach with him he told me he had just seen a small green seal. We got the coordinates and headed to find it. We found RK88 "Puna" in his green coat.

We came back to see PO2 "Kalua" - he was in a perfect spot so Tracy went down to bleach him. Unfortunately he turned over so we don't know how his new N17 bleach will look like. My photo was taken just as he started to move...

It was a treat to have the 3 youngsters around



I'll do a sunset check but this will be my report for today. More tomorrow ๐ŸŒบ

No comments: