Saturday, May 1, 2021

05/01/2021 (part 2) Saturday Lesley's Ka'ena Update

I'm doing a 2in1 today. Yesterday I wrapped up my monitoring before Team T&D came out. I have 2 seals to add R3CX Nalu was on some reefs but when Team arrived, he was no longer there. The same with RG28 Lefty I saw him in the morning on another beach where he spent the day. I also got to see a Kolea still hanging around.

Today I went out solo and in the seal world I documented RN58 Luana in the early morning and she spent the day sleeping peacefully
RL74 Kami and RO40 Ka'ena were sleeping near each other when RW02 PVKauai showed
up to join them. There were some words between the boys and they settled to sleep. Kami never even moved.
Later I found RG28 Lefty who had hauled out mid-morning and spent the day on the beach.
Ka'ena always has something interesting happening. Today it was an unusual pet, the owners and I had a good laugh. Alas it was a pet pig and pets are not allowed in the State Park. Before leaving the owner jokingly said they always bring lunch with them... I forgot to ask his name and now I'm wondering (as Sealette Kauai suggested), it may have been Lunch 
More soon - Be Safe 🌺😷

An unusual beach critter

No comments: