Saturday, July 11, 2020

07/11/2020 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

In the seal world my day started with RO40 Ka'ena hauled here in front. Further down the beach RN58 Luana was hauled out in front of Luana's Tide Pool. Both seals had left by the time I came back hours later.
PO4 Kai D80 must have had another night out. He was crashed out in the small sand Cove Mokule'ia side of Pkg Lot. He was still there when I came back.
At the point I was very pleased to find RL74 Kami hauled out on reefs on the outer side of the Main Pool, she had been MIA for 11 days. As I was showing her to a visitor R330 Squinty came into the Main Pool, bobbing his head up and down, sniffing till he spotted her. He swam towards where she was, climbed over the reeks, came up face to face, went around her,... all he could do to get her attention. She raised her head, scratched it and went down again. Squinty gave up and left.
Heading back out, at Hidden Beach I found a freshly hauled out RK36 Kauai Kolohe. I did some outreach and put a bunch of kids to be our eyes and ears, responsible for him. They loved it and so did the parents.
At 10 Mns Beach a freshly hauled out RK40 Napua was settling in for a rest.     
I'll do a late afternoon check here in front   More tomorro 🌺

No comments: