Tuesday, July 21, 2020

07/21/2020 Tuesday (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

A peaceful Tuesday so far after a busy weekend - I avoided going out and only saw PO4 Kai haul out on Sunday and yesterday. I did see other big trails but missed seeing the seals.

In the seal world my first sighting was RN58 Luana hauling out at Lyman's West where she spent the day. On one of my checks 2 fishermen were walking by after they saw her. I pointed out PO4 Kai D90 and told them another seal was 2 BB/Tables, they turned around with big smiles and said tome: "They (the seals) arrived first today", and they walked away chuckling.
The other seal was RL98 Lina

On my way to the point I came up on 3 seals @ Hidden Beach RK40 Napua and RO40 Ka'ena on the waterline and RW02 PVKauai in the water. Ka'ena was very protective of Napua, He cut off her way into the water and vocalized to PVKauai. She backed off and PVKauai answered, turned around swam around the little bay twice and left.
On my way back hours later Napua and Ka'ena were still there.

At the point my only sighting was RK36 Kauai Kolohe in BG's Pool.   More tomorrow 🌺


No comments: