Saturday, July 25, 2020

07/25/2020 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update from Friday 7/24

My first seal today was RG28 Lefty at 10Mns Beach
Next were RO40 Ka'ena & RK40 Napua @ Hidden Beach. Our little girl started her first catastrophic molt today. Last year if I'm not mistaken, she had a mild one.
RL74 Kami was at the point in a very unusual location - I had been down three times and never saw her, then as I was leaving a movement far away on some reefs made me stop a stare. It was her.
Back on this side RN58 Luana had hauled out @ Lyman's West and RK36 Kauai Kolohe on our front beach access.
Just before sunset I went down to check she had left, I walked down the beach to look for PO4 Kai - he has been MIA again. I'd like to see him before the storm. 
I came up on RG28 Lefty who relocated to Luana's Tide Pool. He must be very close to start cracking, he has been lethargic and has that green racoon mask.
I came back just as Kauai Kolohe decide to move into the water and head West.
At the point I was able to see, for a second day in a row, an Albatross chick fly. That's such a cool feeling to watch the effort and the result.
We started preparing the closure of the park today for the storm, by closing the permitted gate. I'll do another drive thru and monitoring tomorrow before a possible full closure.
Be safe and dry everyone   More tomorrow 🌺🙏


No comments: