Wednesday, July 8, 2020

07/08/2020 Wednesday (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Finally some peace and quiet around here.
I had to go down at dawn and found PO4 Kai D77 playing in a small reef cove. Hours later he was just hauling out on the small sand cave beside the parking lot.
 The sun was rising when I found a freshly hauled out RK36 Kauai Kolohe at Lyman's. Hours later he was still there.

On my way to the point I saw RK40 Napua down at 10Mns Beach, she was still there on my way back.
At Hidden Beach RN58 Luana was hauled out near the waterline. I follow her trail up and down the beach. She made it all the way up the sand dune path boarding the Milo trees. That's her hide away spot from the boys. She was still there on my way out.

At the point ro4a Ka'ena was at the end of the Runway
Down at Main Beach I saw a head bobbing up and down behind the outer reefs, It was R330 Squinty. He explored every rock and reef all the way to the Runway. 
He sneaked up on Ka'ena that told him in one word to get lost and off he went. I didn't see him again.
A little later as the tide was coming up, Ka'ena got washed of the Runway. He swam to the Main Pool, did a circle and left towards the West side.

Back at Birth Beach/Tables RW02 PVKauai had hauled out and was in a nice deep sleep. More tomorrow ðŸŒº
 

No comments: