Friday, May 24, 2019

May 24, 2019 Monk Seal Dailies

Today's dailies are brought to you by Team Billand and posse pal Vicki.

I received an email from Vicki with a couple of photos, her only comment was you don't need to use them because they're not that clear.  Which doesn't matter to me, but I have no back story on what is going on. Clearly she checked out Rabbit Island today, ( I wasn't able to get out there today, now I wish I had). 
What I think is happening is Mom and PO4 ventured away from their "spot". What I  can't tell is exactly where on the island they are and from the looks they must have had a swim session.
Then there is a photo of two other seals, one with a light color belly and I am going to guess they were between the 1st and 2nd blue signs. I am hoping Vicki will see my email and provide me with an update :-) Stay tuned.

Team Billand first find today was Kalani RN14 who had just hauled out. He was on the rocks and his applied bleaches were very visible as well as his tags.
On their re-check he was still there and alone.

Team Billand's next find provided them with a happy heart seeing two seals together. One is RL42 Leia and the other was her suitor RIP RR70.  Leia has two applied bleaches N20 and N11 which was done in error because Rocky is N11. Oh well for sure someone is going to call in a seal that has been spray painted with graffiti. LOL.
RIP was ID'd by the ding on his back, broken tag, size and scar over his left eye. RIP is one big guy, very healthy and ROBUST in size. 
Team Billand was exceptionally happy because they had been searching for these two for the last few days.

two small critters UU 
 Mom and PO4...  I think this is the far left side, but don't remember seeing sand there
RN14 Kalani
 RL42 Leia and RIP RR70 
 nice and clear N20
 RIP RR70

No comments: