Monday, May 27, 2019

May 27, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

It was a late night an extremely early morning monitoring RN58 "Luana" & PO2 "Kalua" D20. Holiday brought many campers and bonfires, involving HPD and DOCARE. Then day campers or visitors bringing their dogs to the park.
Mon & Pup are doing fine and as I sit and write my reports it started to rain. I stopped and did a happy dance

It was a crazy busy day so I'll be short on the Monk Seal world because I have many reports to write.

RL42 "Leia" and RR70 "RIP" were hauled out on the flat reefs at 10Mnts Beach. they were there when I came back from the point hours later and still there on my afternoon check. Tide had come up so they moved to upon the sand.

In the late afternoon little RK40 "Napua" hauled out in front of the house. Fishermen and I had seen her foraging between 5 and 10Mnts beaches.
After seeing so many big seals she looks so small. She's a little loner and may be starting to molt anytime soon.  More tomorrow 🌺

Holy hannah look at how green her hind side is!

No comments: