Saturday, May 11, 2019

May 11, 2019 (part 2 ) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

My morning started with a phone call just past dawn, I was in bed looking thru the window and saw 3 pods of whales blowing away. By the time I got the camera I only got a tale. I was convinced that the whales had already left so I was in heaven seeing these guys. Spent the rest of the day looking out for more but didn't see any. Wind picked up in the afternoon and sea got full of white caps.

Marilyn and I did the KPt monitoring today.
Our 1st seal was RG40 "Holokai" @ 10Mnts Beach - he was still there when we came out

In the NARS we found RK36 "Kauai Kolohe" in BG's Pool, then RW02 "PVKauai" was at the end of the Runway.
At the point there was a U/U swimming by on the outside pool, had to concentrate in getting people out of the water so I didn't have a chance to try to see who the seal was. Marilyn saw him swimming out. We waited but he didn't come back
We found RO40 "Ka'ena" freshly hauled out into his pool on our way out. In the position he was we couldn't see the transmitter but could see his bleach perfectly.  More tomorrow ðŸŒº
 

No comments: