Friday, May 31, 2019

May 31, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Yesterday I did the usual dawn & sunset patrol - in the morning RN58 "Luana" & PO2 "Kalua" D23 were just making their way to their favorite tide pools and from there for a swim. In the evening They were hauling out all the way up the beach to the Naupaka line. Further down the beach RO40 "Ka'ena" was hauled out sleeping peacefully. 

This morning at dawn it took me 30 mnts to find RN58 "Luana" & PO2 "Kaula" D24 they were swimming and pups bark helped me spot them coming in. I called them in around 6:15am.
A while later RO40 "Ka'ena" was seen swimming by and hauling out down the beach, then a second seal hauled out. It was RW02 "PVKauai"

I had to go to a meeting and before I stopped by to visit R5AY & PO3 (M) D20 further down the beach there was another seal that I IDed for the volunteers RG40 "Holokai"

This evening at sunset RN58 "Luana"  & PO2 "Kalua" D24 were alone on the beach.
 Wrapped up a 7 seal day - I tried to make it a 9 one but although I did a couple of stops on the Northshore this evening I didn't see R016 "Right Spot" & RJ58 "Kaimana"

Reminder: tomorrow June 1st - there's the North Shore Ocean Fest @ Turtle Bay Resort. Bring the family for a fun and educational day. We even have a real size whale you can walk in ! ๐ŸŒบ

No comments: