Monday, August 6, 2018

8/06/2018 Monk Seal Dailies: (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Despite the long hike and hours @ Ka'ena State Park my only 2 seals today were first RO40 "Ka'ena" in the Main Pool /reef island and on my way back RN58 "Luana" was @ 10Mnts Beach. I was able to get a cool shot of her tongue.

I looked for those 2 weaners and "Whiskers" as well as other seals in every nook from the PlayPen all the way to 20Minutes mark on the Waianae side. I saw Barbara coming from Yok's and waited for her. We walk (for me back) towards 40Mnts mark together and talking story. She headed back to the Westside and I back to the NARS. Did lots of outreach with hikers on my way back.
Helicopters were going back and forth getting water in the ocean to cool off hot spots up the mountains and valleys on the West side. It's very sad to see those beautiful mountains completely black.

I added some pics of some cool reefs I walk on around here. More tomorrow 🌺


No comments: