Tuesday, August 21, 2018

8/21/18 Monk Seal Dailies: (part 2 ) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

The wind and waves had already picked up this morning. Waves were washing across 10Mnts Beach.
I found RN58 "Luana" in her shinny new coat at Hidden Beach.
RO40 "Ka'ena" was in his favorite spot in his pool. His back was nice and dry. The guy may have been there all night.
At the point RW02 "PVKauai" was doing several swim-by's from Back Beach to Main Pool to Runway and out to sea.

They were several visitors out today trying to get as much outdoors as they can before
"Lane" arrives.

I picked up all the A frames and brought them to the container. The Super-Duper-Master-Plus Polaris showed me what she can take!

I was checking Birth Beach / Tables on my way back home and saw a swim-by seal. The behavior of a male, doing the "Benny" neck thing all along the waterline from BB to the front of our place. Never showed me tags or scars. I took the pics from far with a zoom so when I tried to open them they got all grainy. So I closed my seal day with an U/U

I did a late afternoon check but saw no seals in the area.  More tomorrow ðŸŒº

Artwork at the point, hope it survives the storm
 Luana RN58 
 Ka'ena RO40
 RW02 PvKauai

No comments: