Wednesday, August 29, 2018

8/29/2018 Monk Seal Dailies: (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Finally it was sunny and windy out there. KPt roads should dry up fast if we don't have more rain.
Out monitoring I saw 5 seals.

RW02 "PVKauai" was hauled out @ 10Mnts Beach. As I was driving by I saw a silver shine on the reefs between 2 rocks so I stopped to check. It was RN58 "Luana" - both were in the exact spots when I came back hours later.

Inside the NARS R330 "Squinty was on the Runway in the same spot I saw him yesterday.

Before heading down to Main Beach, thank to polarized sunglasses I saw a "reef rock" out of place in the bottom of the Main Pool. Soon it came up to breath, yup, that's a seal. Visitor beside me, invited me to go to Vegas ๐Ÿ˜‹
Our reef was RK36 "Kauai Kolohe".
Shortly after a seal came from the outside towards the pool entrance. RO40 "Ka'ena" pulled up art the entrance, 2 short loud words from "KKolohe" and he backed up. A couple of minutes later he tried again and was not welcome so he just turned around and swam away.
"KKolohe" swam around the pool, voiced  a little than made his way out over the side reefs and left. I didn't see those 2 again.   More tomorrow ๐ŸŒบ


1 comment:

Hazadoux said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.