Friday, November 5, 2021

11/05/2021 Friday (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update


 After checking on overnighted R330 Squinty I headed to the point. Stopped by to talk story with some fishermen and saw whales !!! It was a pod I kept waiting to see in what direction they were heading. Blows were in the same area then they went MIA and I didn't see them again.

At the point I went up to see our 1st Albatross of the season 2021/2022. He was in the same Naupaka were we last saw him yesterday.
I got to see another one flying around. 
RO40 Ka'ena was resting on some reefs in a tide pool.
KG54 Huaka'i was sleeping on some flats she's checking her surroundings. It has been cool observing her nearly daily for the past 6 weeks. She has put on weight and gets along well with other seals.  More soon 🌺

No comments: