Sunday, November 14, 2021

11/14/2021 Sunday (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

 I've been in training all week in have done late afternoons monitoring. My apologies but the blog reports had to be put in the back burner. 
  • Wednesday: I documented R330 Squinty and RW02 PVKauai who finally started his molt at 1%
  • Thursday: They both overnighted and spent the day on the beach
  • Friday: R330 Squinty overnighted and spent the day on the beach. RW02 PVKauai  moved to another spot and hid in the Naupaka. RL74 Kami is back those Molokai girls have grown a lot. She is looking very healthy alas still has the Ulua hook in the corner of her mouth. RO40 Ka'ena still hasn't started is molt as previously suspected, he was sleeping on a beach. In the late afternoon I spotted R303 BG moving to higher grounds for the night.

  • Saturday: In the early hours on my first beach check I documented 3 overnighted seals in different locations R303 BGRW02 PVKauai M20% and R330 Squinty. Later Marilyn and I, headed out to monitor all the way to the point RO40 Ka'ena was the attraction for the visitors added to the big waves rolling in
  • Sunday: R330 Squinty overnighted again and spent the day on the beach. RW02 PVKauai also overnighted is looking like a partial Merman M25% there were 2 seals swimming around, but no ID was made.
  • I've also been documenting the arrival of the LAAL and the soon fledging WTSH chicks
More soon🌺

No comments: