Friday, September 7, 2018

9/7/2018 Monk Seal Dailies: (part 2 ) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

It was a long waiting but successful day. I never made past Hidden Beach and had a 6 seals day !

R330 "Squinty" overnighted again. He may be on a pre molt behavior.
Next I found 2 seals at Hidden Beach, both big, one VERY green and the other... well I knew those scars from afar RO40 "Ka'ena". I went around to check the other big green seal and was totally surprised to find RH32 "Ka'ale". I called them in and spent the next 4 and a half hours with them. Holy Hannah butt head as hidden beach!

I got a call about a small seal earlier so I went to check and saw a big seal and a small one heading into the water...@#%$& ! Had to stick around for another hour in the sun to ID them. Turns out they were RK36 "Kauai Kolohe' and little RK88 "Puna". RK36 headed towards Ka'ena and the little one went out to sea.

Stopped to check on "Squinty" he was still there, turned my head and saw another seal on our CE side beach access RW02 "PVKauai" was in a deep sleep in a sand wallow made by the waves.

I just went down for sunset and they are both still there.  More tomorrow ðŸŒº


 Not only is he greener than green he's huge

No comments: