Sunday, September 16, 2018

9/16/2018 Monk Seal Dailies: ( part 2 ) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Went down early and found R330 "Squinty" up on the Naupaka line where he settled last night. Mid morning he made his way down to the waterline.
I went for the sunset and the beach was empty. I was walking to Birth Beach when I heard a "bark" look to the water and saw a... no ...2 seals.
They were playing or shall I say a young light bellie was bugging "Squinty". 
Finally I had rear flippers in the air and although I couldn't see the numbers on the tags RG40 "Holokai's" NB was visible and flashing.
"Squinty" hauled out and "Holokai" followed but turned back into the water and kept swimming back and forth on the waterline. After several attempts he finally did haul out and stayed. Both were together when I left and it was getting dark.  More tomorrow ðŸŒº 

No comments: