Monday, September 17, 2018

9/17/2018 Monk Seal Dailies (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

It was a very busy morning here and it was late when I had a window to go out till Hidden Beach.

Went down @ 7:30 and found R330 "Squinty" on D10m - when I checked this afternoon I'd say he's about 90% molted.

Going down the hill I saw a shape at 10Mnts Beach, it was RN58 "Luana" sleeping peacefully near the waterline.
Before I left the Pkg Lot I spoke to a group of students from St Mark's. They are @ Camp Erdman. I saw them coming so I decided to wait to do the outreach in loco. I turn my head and saw little RK88 "Puna" to the West side in a small cove among some reefs.
The group was so happy to see them and said it was like a fairy tale hearing about mom & son. Yup that's right Puna" is "Luana's" first born and 142 days old today.
At Hidden Beach RW02 "PVKauai" was on the side of the sand dune near the waterline. The group met up with me and were very happy to hear more about seals.
I had to come back out so I told them to keep their eyes and ears open cause they could see more seals at the pt.   More tomorrow ðŸŒº

 Squinty poor guy is going to pieces
 Napua 
 Puna
 Luana
 PvKauai 

No comments: