Wednesday, September 19, 2018

9/19/2018 Monk Seal Dailies: (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update Yesterday and Today!

Monday 18th
R330 "Squinty" on D11was around +90% molted.
RG40 "Holokai" spent the day on the beach. At sunset both were in front of the property all the way up the beach.

RN58 "Luana" was at 10Mnts Beach.

In the morning I was out for 3 and 1/2 hours and only made it to Hidden Beach. In the afternoon I did a 2hr monitoringat the gate.
Hikianalia crew flew back home and I went to pick Kimo up. Good to have him back.


Today's UPDATE:
Another very busy start today.
I went down @ 6:30 am and found R330 "Squinty" 100% molted.
When I finally was able to go past the gate and down the coastal road I spotted RK88 "Puna" once again @PkgLot Beach. On my way back hours later he was still there.
In the NARS I was at first skunked than after doing my rounds I went back to the point just on time to see RW02 "PVKauai" enter the Main Pool by the left side. This has been his new MO for the last couple of weeks.

Tide and swell were rolling in big and the ocean was beautiful. We got to see a big pod of dolphins. The shearwater chicks are growing fast. Today I got to see Mr Pheasant again & his tail is growing back !

Back on this side RO40 "Ka'ena" was at Birth Beach from there I looked towards our place and saw that "Squinty" was still there and further down the beach a little seal was hauled out. It was RK40 "Napua". They were still there on my afternoon check. More tomorrow ðŸŒº

 so handsome!

No comments: