Thursday, April 15, 2021

04/14/2021 Lesley's Ka'ena Update

 

Yesterday I hiked over to Keawa'ula side for monitoring. Looking for some of those MIA seals. It was an absolutely gorgeous day, saw an incredible amount of turtles, marine birds feeding and a couple of blows, alas none of the flippered kids.

But before and after on Mokule'ia side I got to document and ID 4 seals. My day started and ended with RN58 Luana hauled out warming in the sun. She's looking nice and round.
In another cove I saw a small swimming towards a small beach to haul out went to document and found a nice and dry RO40 Ka'ena and little RL74 Kami joining him. They spent the day together. Those 3 Molokai girls are getting big and will be 2yrs old in May, June and July!!
RW02 PVKauai was doing the hippo when I first saw him - easy to ID because of 3 tags, later in the afternoon he had changed location and had hauled out on a small beach
More later - Be Safe 🌺😷

No comments: