Saturday, April 17, 2021

04/17/2021 (part 2) Lesley's Friday and Saturday Ka'ena Update

Saturday:
Despite overnight and early morning rain the park was full. 
There was a slightly different cast today compared to the last couple of days
RL98 Lina is back from her West side visit
RN58 Luana decided to haul out on a beach full of people and spend the day (LOTS of outreach was done there)
RK36 Kauai Kolohe is back from is visit to Kahuku
RW02 PVKauai was in the same location as yesterday, sleeping away on a small beach
R407 Kawika swam around for 40 minutes, making me walk back and forth till he found the spot to haul out and go to sleep
RL74 Kami was my last find doing her "where's Waldo?", meaning I walk by her on my way in and spotted her on my way out. It's all about the angle.
More soon - Be Safe 🌺😷

Friday:
I made it out late today but was able to document 3 seals:
RL74 Kami was sleeping in the same location I've seen her the past 2 days, alas today she was alone.
RO40 Ka'ena was searching for higher grounds to get away from the swell that rolled in this afternoon
RW02 PVKauai was sleeping peacefully on a small beach, but probably not for long due to the swell
More tomorrow - Be Safe 🌺😷

Eel

No comments: