Tuesday, March 27, 2018

3/27/2018 Monk Seal Dailies

Today's dailies are brought to you by Gayle and Lesley. And since my format worked so well yesterday I'm going to do it again. 

This morning Gayle checked Rabbit Island and found two critters and lots of Sootys (white dots).  Gayle's next look was to check Kokee where she found the voluptuous Kaiwi  RK96 but didn't stay with her too long. The tide was rising so she wasn't sure how much longer she would be there.


Gayle found Right Spot R016 around noon time at Sandy Beach. While chatting with someone found out they had reported her an hour earlier and they were happy to see someone had arrived to watch over her.  No volunteer showed up, so Gayle camped out and spent the day with Right Spot until 19:00.

And now for Lesley's complete Ka'ena Point Update:
Another fantastic weather day
Got the Beast going early and off we went to the point. On my way I documented the roads/puddles and picked up the last load of the Spaghetti Ghost Net.
RO40 “Ka’ena” was at the entrance of his pool. I stood up the cliff for a while observing some respectful visitors taking photos of RW02 “PVKauai” on the Runway. I wasn’t disturbed.
I was told by a family that there was a BIGGG seal on Back Beach. There, hauled out near the waterline was RR70 “RIP”. I did outreach for a longtime then started my way back, “something” caught my eye and in an unusual spot well hidden by boulders was R353 (F). I couldn’t see her new CC scar but as I saw it yesterday I was OK just documenting her and move on so that she could stay there in peace.

 Kaiwi RK96 
 Right Spot R016 
Chickie 
 R353
 Ka'ena R040
 Rip RR70
 PvKauai RW02

No comments: