Saturday, July 10, 2021

07/10/2021 Saturday (PART 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

 

A beautiful and busy day out here.

In the seal world I sighted and documented 8 seals.
Morning started with RP30 Puka after swimming up and down the beach settled with RG28 Lefty and both went to sleep.
From there I checked on RO40 Ka'ena - he has a superficial bite on the left side of his neck. Rough playing with another seal. Next was RE74 Benny who was sound asleep on the beach. In the afternoon I checked on them and they were still in their respective spots.
Heading to the point I found RG40 Holokai sleeping peacefully on my way back he had left.
At the point there were some fishermen in the spot I saw R407 Kawika yesterday so on my
way back when I saw them leaving so I checked again on time to see Kawika swimming into a tide pool to rest.
Further RL74 Kami had overnighted in a tide pool and was on dry due to the low tide. Her hook was visible.
On my way back as I was checking on Puka playing in his favorite tide pool I saw RN58 Luana haul out on the beach. She galumphed way up and is still there.
More soon - Be Safe 🌺

No comments: