Thursday, July 1, 2021

07/01/2021 (part 2) Thursday Marilyn's Rabbit Island Update

 I viewed Rabbit Island from Makai Pier from about 12:55 - 2:10 pm. I was sunny and breezy.

There were two HMS on RI today.

In the Middle Cliff area was an adult female with two tags, a scar on the rear left side and I think the the seal is beginning to molt on the face. This is likely RF34 Pua based on the scar and female belly. It's been approximately 8 weeks since RF34 weaned P01/RP24 Mohala, so this could be her.

Near 3BS, P04 was hauling out when I started viewing. She moved up and wrapped herself around a rock for a while, then she moved a bit away from the rock. She was ID'd by her weaner size and coloration, a tag in her LRF and no nb on her LFF. She entered the water again around 2 pm and I saw her briefly in a nearshore tide pool.

Adult  female
P04 

No comments: