Thursday, September 30, 2021

09/30/2021 Thursday (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Yesterday I checked the beach at sunrise the only seal was an overnighted R407 Kawika. After several meetings I headed out to the point late. Still looking for our hooked Benny. Alas he was MIA.

I also documented RG28 Lefty who overnighted on a nice sandy beach. RW02 PVKauai was sleeping on a small sandy beach in a tide pool. RO40 Ka'ena was sleeping on some reefs in a tide pool, I walked past him and only saw him on my way back. He was so well blended in.
Team T&D Shearwater chicky is getting so big

This morning I walked up on an overnighted RG28 Lefty. Seems he may have started his
molt. I looked from far that he already had several very small pukas on his coat. He spent the day on the beach. We'll see tomorrow.
Next was RN04 Kainoa who also overnighted and spent the day on the beach. He may also have started his molt
KG54 Huaka'i was sleeping peacefully, her trail and wallow told me she overnighted there.
RL98 Lina is back from her trip around the point. She overnighted and spent the day on the beach

RL74 Kami
 also showed up, she spent the day in a small cove
RW02 PVKauai was doing the hippo in another pool at the point. Not far from him a Sandpiper got the catch of the day !
On my way back I found a freshly hauled out RN58 Luana, if not disturbed I believe she'll overnight.  More soon - Be Safe 🌺😷

No comments: