Thursday, September 9, 2021

09/09/2021 Thursday (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Yesterday on my monitoring I sighted and documented 5 seals:
RL98 Lina overnighted and spent the day on the beach. I put my "SHHH Sleeping" sign there when she was about to start her molt and it still there.
RG28 Lefty was on the same beach as Lina but they were apart, and no interaction was seen
RL74 Kami was on some flat reefs sleeping away. She still has the Ulua hook on the left side of her mouth.
R7GM (F) was the surprise of the day. I last saw her when she showed up briefly in October 2020. She has a new coat on and looks beautiful.
R407 Kawika was on an outer reef moving up because of the rising tide
RO40 Ka'ena was sleeping on the Runway.

This morning I got word that R7GM (F) may have been spotted on the West side, I did not see her here.
RL98 Lina overnighted and spent the day on the beach
R407 Kawika was sleeping where I last saw him yesterday
RO40 Ka'ena was on the Runway - green as a Kermit
RG28 Lefty was in a shallow tide pool on some flat reefs
RH76 Kala overnighted up in the Naupaka line of a beach and was down on the waterline cooling off when I saw her.
More soon - Be Safe ๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿ˜ท


No comments: