Wednesday, September 1, 2021

09/01/2021 (part 2) Wednesday Lesley's Ka'ena Update

It was a beautiful sunrise, while watching it a pod of dolphins cruised by on their way to the North Shore.

I got to see and document 6 HMSeals:
RL98 Lina overnighted and spent the day on the beach. Her molt is 5%
RL74 Kami & RP30 Puka were playing in the water with the same rod Diane and I documented him playing with 2 weeks ago. They later hauled out and settled down. On my way back I checked on them. Puka had left and Kami was sleeping away.
RO40 Ka'ena was sleeping on a reef, but waves of rising tide spooked him. I was able to get some good documentation of his muzzle. His 2 new wounds are drying up well.
RJ40 'E'ena was doing the hippo in a pool. Her nickname 'E'ena means skittish in Hawaiian (shy, timid, untamed)
RH76 Kala is enjoying her stay. She was in shallow water of tide pool doing the hippo
More soon - Be Safe ðŸŒºðŸ˜·


No comments: