Wednesday, September 15, 2021

09/15/2021 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Yesterday we did a long monitoring with documenting in the park. I managed to ID 3 seals

RN58 Luana overnighted @ Lyman's
RL98 Lina overnighted and spent the day on the beach
RG40 Holokai came by for a visit and spent the day on the beach.

Today on my second outing to monitor the beaches I saw RN58 Luana was surrounded by adoring fans, by the time I made it up to them they had moved away down to the beach. Luana wasn't disturbed but the footprints were really close to her ๐Ÿ™

RL98 Lina overnighted again and spent the day on the beach. She's looking so pretty in her new coat.
R407 Kawika to my surprise swapped places with Holokai and spent the day on the sandy beach
RW02 PVKauai  was sleeping on a small sandy beach.

Team T&D Shearwater chick is doing great. Can't wait to show them tomorrow.
Today I took a picker with me and collected 6 masks. Most these are lost on hikes, I'd like to take the opportunity to ask people to be more conscientious when you dispose of your masks, PLEASE make sure to cut the elastics. We are seeing terrible images of wildlife tangled up in them. Even our weaner RP30 Puka has been seen playing with a mask in the water. Mahalo for your kokua
More soon - Be Safe ๐ŸŒบ

No comments: