Friday, September 24, 2021

09/24/2021 (part 2) Friday Lesley's Ka'ena Update

So, the bets are on: where is KG54 Huaka'i going to show up again? On Big Island ?  to break RS00 / R1AO  Ewa Girl's record from Midway to BI some many moons ago.

Needless to say she was MIA yesterday and today.
Yesterday I documented 3 seals: R407 Kawika sleeping away on a reef island despite the ruff waves all around him, RO40 Ka'ena also on some reefs but on my second check he had moved further up not to be washed and last R330 Squinty on high safe grounds sleeping away.
I had a happy surprise to hear Bristle-thighed Curlews flying over me at the point, yup there's an "S" there. Two of them flying around and whistling. There were everywhere I went in the NAR, got many great photos of them.
After a windy and wet night, I made my way thru the park and only spotted 2 seals RW02 PVKauai on the sandy beach of a pool being tossed by the waves coming in from what's already being called the 1st swell of the season. Then on a beach nearby RN04 Kainoa who may have overnighted according to his trail and a wallow up in the Naupaka.
Many of the Shearwater chicks were hanging at the entrances of their burrows, possibly because of the rain or just because they are growing and starting to wonder around
More soon - Be Safe ðŸŒºðŸ˜·





No comments: