Tuesday, September 28, 2021

09/28/2021 Tuesday Lesley's Ka'ena Update

It was one of those long days but being a 9 seal day rewarding

On my second beach check this morning (with camera), I went to ID a seal I'd seen earlier. Turns out the seal was an overnighted RE74 Benny with line coming out from his mouth on the left side. No hook was visible but there's definitely one. He entered the water and swam away. Kekai joined me in monitoring the park we looked for Benny in every nook and crevice but he was MIA. 
When Benny swam away, I went further down the beach where 3 seals were hauled out. One goes as a U/U because it left before I got there, the other 2 were KG54 Huaka'i and RN04 Kainoa who spent the day side by side. Then from there I sighted another seal further down the beach. It was R407 Kawika who also spent all day hauled out
After meeting up with Kekai on our way to the point we sighted a freshly hauled out RL74 Kami bellow a cliff sleeping away.
RW02 PVKauai was sleeping on a small beach and nearby RO40 Ka'ena was hauled out on some reefs.
On my last check for Benny after sunset I came up on a freshly hauled out R330 Squinty settled for the night.
More tomorrow - Be Safe ðŸŒºðŸ˜·

No comments: