Saturday, February 27, 2021

02/27/2021 Saturday (part 3) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

After 2 attempts to go out and being poured on I finally was able to head out late morning.

Monitoring the roads to a very long time but I got to find little RL98 Lina who overnighted and spent the day at her favorite beach. 
I spotted RN58 Luana sleeping on a reef in the middle of a pool she also spent the day there. She's looking beautiful and healthy.
Last was little RL74 Kami sleeping in the same spot where I last saw her haul out yesterday. She was alone and sleeping away. Her wound is drying and closing, looking better every day. 
I got to meet the lady (one of the many callers) that called her in last week. We had a nice chat; she had a list of questions and was happy that I could answer them for her.
It was too windy to do whale watching but I managed to point out some breaches to the visitors.
Today "our" female BFAL was with a non-banded BFAL. The albatrosses were enjoying the wind.
More soon - Be Safe ðŸŒºðŸ˜·

No comments: