Tuesday, July 16, 2019

July 16, 2019 (part 2) Lesley's Ka'ena Update

It was a beautiful day out here.
On my early morning beach walk before work I met RK88 "Puna" hauled out in front of our beach access in the same spot his cousin "Napua" was yesterday. Little RL20 "Kalua" was foraging around Birth Beach.

Once I got on the clock I headed into the gated area of the park. When I made it to the NARS I was surprised to see there still is a handful of Albatross chicks that haven't fledged.
RO40 "Ka'ena" was having a hard time trying to haul into his pool due to the low tide. It was entertaining to watch.
On my way back I stopped @ Birth Beach and saw that RK40 "Napua" had hauled out on the beach and little RL20 "Kalua" had also hauled out among his favorite rocks.

In the early afternoon, from the house I saw a seal hauling out at CE Pt - I went down and IDed RE74 "Benny"
As I'm writing my reports I can still see him there.  More tomorrow ðŸŒº

No comments: