Saturday, January 26, 2019

January 26, 2019 Lesley's Ka'ena Update Yesterday and Today.

Another early morning out monitoring from Camp Erdman to NARS.
Just as I was on my way to CE I saw a seal hauling out between CE Pt and our beach access. It was RG40 "Holokai"
Although we checked every nook and crevice along the way the only other seal we saw was R3CU at Back Beach. A volunteer was there and had already IDed him and called him in.
For our delight we got to see "Blacky" the Black Footed Albatross flying around at the point. OK I can't say it's actually it because it's band couldn't be seen. If it was "it" that's great if it was another that's even better ;)
A group of youngsters was playing around at the entrance field. The wind was picking up and I'll be honest to say it was getting cold to stand out there.
We rechecked the beaches on our way back but only RG40 "Holokai" was in the same spot. I put some signs up cause he was visible from the road and will check again in the late afternoon.  More tomorrow ðŸŒº

YESTERDAY's NEWS:
On my morning check I found RN58 "Luana" at Camp Erdman
Then the super couple RL42 "Leia" and R330 "Squinty" down at Birth Beach.
The storm came across the channel from Kauai faster than galloping wild horses, managed to get under cover before it hit us.    Wasn't able to go out again.

No comments: