Thursday, January 24, 2019

January 24, 2019 - Lesley's Ka'ena Update Yesterday and Today

On my morning walk again no seals were seen.
Later in the day reports came in. I was on standby and got a call from a fisherman about seals @ 10Mnts and people near.
I did an afternoon check met a volunteer, gave her a ride and showed her locations she wasn't familiar with. 
RN58 "Luana" was at Camp Erdman
RK40 "Napua" was in a little nook in her now favorite haul out spot
RL42 "Leia" and R330 "Squinty" were at 10 Mnts Beach.  More tomorrow


Yesterday's News

My morning walk was seal less. Later I saw RG40 "Holokai" at CE Pt. I was on standby mode when I got a call in the afternoon regarding people saddling a seal. From our beach access I took some photos.
The seal was RG40 "Holokai" and he did NOT react to them. I drove down but by the time I made it there they had left. "Holokai" was sleeping away and later as it got dark I could still see him from the house.
I checked another location for RK40 "Napua" that had been reported earlier, she was no longer there. Big set from new swell were already rolling in.

Near 10 Mnts Beach RL42 "Leia" and R330 "Squinty" were side by side in the exact location they had been seen in the morning

No comments: