Thursday, January 3, 2019

Jan 3, 2019 Lesley's Ka'ena Update

Another very busy day out here at the point. Visitors hiked in from both sides Mokuleia & Waianae
Team Tammy & Dave headed out before me, when I caught up with them they were surrounded by visitors and doing a fantastic outreach job.
RN30 was hauled out on the reef island mid Main Pool and RK88 "Puna" was on some boulders near the waterline. A big set came in and they both were wash off their perches.
Shortly after a seal showed up in the outside pool. It was RO40 "Ka'ena". From then on it was a splashing session between him and "Puna" under the looks of RN30.
When "Ka'ena" showed up "Puna" swam to meet him Tammy and I had our cameras ready to ID the new comer. This evening Tammy sent me a great shot of "Puna" doing a contortionist pose after I downloaded my pics I found that I also had a shot although not as clear as hers.  More tomorrow

No comments: